Plant-Based Living Foods
This growing kit is the ideal way to get started on your raw and living food journey. It comes with the basic equipment you need to grow wheatgrass including 1kg Australian, organic seeds and food safe growing trays. It includes a reusable 29x35cm drainage tray and a solid drip tray which protects your bench from water spills.
Wheatgrass is inexpensive and easy to grow; giving you a harvest within 7-10 days. You can grow it all year round and cut your harvest as you need it. Enjoy a daily supply of super fresh, raw foods.
You can make juices and smoothies that suit your tastes. Drink it straight, in a small shot glass, or combine it with pineapple, apple, carrot, ginger or other fruits and vegetables.
- 1kg bag of organic, non-GMO wheatgrass seeds.
- One food safe, plastic growing tray 29 x 35cm with drainage holes.
- Solid food safe, plastic tray to protect your bench from water.
- 10 tray liners - recycled paper.
How to Grow Wheatgrass
- Soak 250 grams of wheat seeds for 6-10 hours (depending on climate).
- Rinse well with cool water. Drain using a hemp sprouting bag or glass sprouting jar.
- Rinse well with water every 8-12 hours until a tiny shoot appears. It should take approximately 1-2 days for the shoot to be 4-6mm.
- Line the bottom of your growing tray with paper. Add coir peat or approximately 3cm of good quality organic soil. You can also add compost and minerals, such as volcanic rock soil improver.
- Sprinkle seeds evenly over the surface of the soil. Ensure that the seeds are not overcrowded as this may lead to mould.
- Cover seeds with a piece of hessian or wet paper towels. Lightly water your seeds. Place in a dark, well-ventilated position.
- Water 1-2 times daily with a spray mist bottle until your plant has grown 1-2 inches.
- Uncover your plant and place in a position with natural light. Avoid extreme heat and cold. Keep well ventilated. Water twice daily with a spray mist bottle.
- Your plant is ready to harvest when it is 3-4 inches tall. Cut the grass approximately one inch above the soil.
- Use your wheatgrass in juices and smoothies.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot sell this kit to Western Australian and Tasmanian customers due to quarantine restrictions.