Brew your own refreshing probiotic drinks
Water kefir is a fermented drink that is full of beneficial bacteria. It is a healthy and delicious alternative to soft drinks, and it can be made with water, juice or coconut water.
The bacteria and yeast in the grains turn sugar into organic acids, beneficial bacteria and a host of enzymes.
With a little bit of loving care, your grains will continue to grow and be active. Water kefir is ideal for dairy free, vegan and raw foods diets.
How to Rehydrate Your Grains
- Place your dried grains in a one litre jar of water.
- Add 4tbs of raw sugar.
- Cover with a piece of fabric and leave for 24-48 hours.
- Once they are lovely and plump, you are ready to start brewing your kefir.
- Packet of kefir grains.
- One date or 50 grams of sulphur free dried fruit.
- 1/2 cup of raw cane sugar.
- 2 slices of lemon.
- 1.5 litres of water.
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda.
- Thin slice of fresh ginger (optional)
- Dissolve sugar in water. Add kefir grains, dried fruit, bicarbonate of soda, slice of ginger and lemon.
- Cover the solution with a breathable piece of fabric.
- Brew at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the grains and added ingredients, and bottle the liquid into glass bottles for drinking or for second fermentation.
- Wash your grains and brew again.
- Australian Certified Organic Water Kefir Grains.
- Brand: Buchi.
- Lovingly handcrafted in Australia.