Grow nutritious and tasty sprouts with a sprouting jar lid. This lid is the ideal way to add raw food goodness to your diet. Sprout small seeds including broccoli and alfalfa, and large seeds and pulses includings chickpeas, pea shoots, wheatgrass and sunflower. Turn your wide mouth Mason jar (Ball or Kerr jars, 86mm width) into a handy glass sprouting jar.
Enjoy sprouts all year round and add them to your sandwiches, salads, stir-fries and soups. Your dishes will be packed with the goodness of sprouts, including vitamins, minerals and protein (particularly with pulses like lentils and chickpeas).
This sprouting lid features a rustproof, stainless steel band, and a food safe, BPA free plastic strainer piece.
How to use a sprouting jar
- Add the recommended amount of seeds or pulses to your glass jar. Top up with water.
- Soak for 6-12 hours (depending on the climate and your selection of seeds/pulses).
- Drain and rinse with water. Leave upside down for 8-12 hours. Rinse with water and leave upside down to drain. Continue this process until your seeds/pulses have sprouted.
- Food safe, BPA free plastic mesh strainer piece.
- Stainless steel band suitable for wide mouth (86mm) Ball and Kerr mason jars.
- Suitable for all size seeds including tiny alfalfa, radish and broccoli seeds.
Please note: This set does not include a glass mason jar.
Happy juicing and sprouting!