Rocket sprouts are a source of antioxidants and may contain similar anti-cancer properties as broccoli sprouts.
Sulforaphane is a cancer fighting chemical found in cruciferous vegetables including kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
These tiny sprouts have a mild, sweet taste. Add them to salads, sandwiches, smoothies and as a topper for your favourite dish.
How to sprout rocket seeds
- Rinse seeds with fresh water.
- Use 1 tablespoon of seeds with a small glass sprouting jar.
- Soak seeds for 6-8 hours in fresh water.
- Rinse seeds with fresh water and put them in a glass sprouting jar. Leave jar upside down for 12 hours to allow water to drain from your seeds.
- Rinse seeds with fresh water and place the jar upside down for 12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process for 3-6 days, until your kale seeds have sprouted.
Please note: Seeds cannot be sent to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.