Open-Pollinated, Non-Hybrid & Non-GMO
It's no surprise that broccoli seeds are hugely popular.
Researchers have found that broccoli sprouts contain over 50 times more sulforaphane than mature broccoli. Broccoli has the highest concentration of this beneficial compound but it is also found in other cruciferous vegetables including kale, cabbage, radish, and rocket.
These little greens have a slightly spicy taste, similar to radish. You can use them like alfalfa sprouts and add them to raw food dishes, salads, sandwiches or blend them into smoothies.
How to Sprout Broccoli Seeds
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1.5 tbsp of seeds to your jar, and fill with water.
- Soak for 4-8 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- In 3-6 days the yield will be 1-1.5 cups.
- Non-hybrid, open pollinated.
- No chemical treatment.
- Germination rate: 92%.
- Variety: Brassica Oleracea.
- Available in 100g, 250g & 400g packets.
Please note: Seeds are unable to be sent to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.