OPEN POLLINATED, NON-HYBRID & NON-GMO
Alfalfa sprouts are popular in salads, sandwiches and as a topper on your favourite raw food dish. They have a slightly tangy, nutty taste which adds a distinctive flavour to your recipes.
How to Grow Alfalfa Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar or hemp sprouting bag. The directions for using a sprouting jar are as following:
- Add 1.5 tbsp of seeds to your jar. Fill the jar with water.
- Soak for 3-6 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- To increase the level of chlorophyll, expose to sunlight on the 4th or 5th day.
- In 4-6 days the yield will be 1-1.5 cups.
- Not chemically treated.
- Organically grown in Australia.
- Non-hybrid, open pollinated.
- Variety: Lucerne - Medicago sativa (Hunter River).
- Available in 100 gram, 250 gram and 400 gram packets.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot deliver seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.