Start your day on a healthy note with a delicious breakfast smoothie. We've put together a list of our favourite recipes that are a fantastic alternative to boring toast or plain porridge. These smoothies will give you the energy you need to get up and get going - and they are quick and easy to prepare.
Oats are an all-time breakfast smoothie favourite. As oats are low GI, they give you a slow release of energy that will get you through the whole morning. For a lighter breakfast, try our 'Sunny Side Up' smoothie which has mango, pineapple and nut milk.
Start your day with a power-packed mix of proteins including peanut butter, chopped up nuts and chia seeds. Peanut butter and blueberries may seem like an odd mix, but the peanut butter is a perfect way to make your smoothie less sweet.
1. Blend the blueberries, bananas, oats, peanut butter and nut milk until smooth.
2. Top with chia seeds and a mix of chopped up nuts.
Tip: Add berries on top for a more colourful finish. Serve and enjoy!
Forget what Australians are saying about smashed avocado and never owning your own home. Make your own avocado smoothies and pocket the difference! The hipster smoothie that deserves its place in a hipster cafe.
1. Blend the avocado, rocket leaves, banana and coconut water until smooth.
2. Top with chia seeds.
Admittedly, this smoothie has blended instead of smashed avocado. For a truly hipster version, you could top your smoothie with a tablespoon of smashed avocado and chia seeds.
Wake up to the sweetness of cacao and maple syrup, mixed with granola. This smoothie is even better than a bowl of cereal!
1. Blend the bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and oat milk until smooth.
2. Top with crunchy granola.
Tip: Add a decent serve of granola to your smoothie to make it extra crunchy and to give yourself the slow release of energy (low GI) that comes from oats.
Here's an alternative to sunny side up eggs; a smoothie with the bright colours of summer. This smoothie will make you think of white sand, blue skies and rolling waves.
1. Blend the mango, pineapple and nut milk until smooth.
2. Top with slices of kiwifruit, coconut shavings and chai seeds.
Comments will be approved before showing up.